Tivnu: Building Justice inspires and strengthens participants’ passion for lifelong Jewish social justice work through building structures, building community, study, and advocacy.
• Long-term, ten-month program is comprised of young adults from throughout the United States and beyond.
• One-day and one-week programs are made up of members of synagogues, Hillels and other Jewish organizations as well as unaffiliated Jews of all ages.
What We Do
• Build structures, including affordable, sustainable housing, from foundation to finish in Portland, Oregon; no prior construction experience necessary.
• Explore classical and modern Jewish texts, and historical Jewish social justice movements, that grapple with the issue of meeting basic human needs.
• Examine the moral and pragmatic issues of affordable housing and other essential human rights issues, and partner with existing organizations that are active in these areas.
• Support long-term program participants in creating a pluralistic Jewish community, as they live cooperatively in Portland.
• Portland Metro Habitat for Humanity
• Reach CDC